Time for a new show on TLC tonight, as My Big Fat Fabulous Life premiered and it follows the life of Whitney Thore and the ups and downs of her life. I had mixed emotions heading into My Big Fat Fabulous Life 2015, but I was willing to give it a chance tonight. Would I like it or hate it? Find out in my My Big Fat Fabulous Life Recap below!
For the premise, Whitney is a dancer and used to be skinnier, but she found out she has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which made her gain weight very quickly and makes it harder to lose weight. She is a dancer, but this weight gain (100 pounds in one year at college) sent her into a deep depression. She moved home and is living with her parents and this is her life, but is it as fabulous as she claims it to be??? My recap below shall explain!
I am going to hit on a few points that I saw tonight:
- Whitney seems to use PCOS as the excuse why she got so overweight, but she seemed to be eating that pizza fine and dandy on the porch with her friend Buddy.
- Speaking of Buddy, they clearly like each other and this is all setup for them to be together in the end.
- Whitney claims some men like big women and she goes on a date with a guy she met on Facebook. She spills her drink on herself every two seconds and makes a big scene about it as she is rubbing her boobs and then wonders if he is only looking at her boobs. Stop rubbing them and touching them and he won’t look at them!
- She claims to be so confident, but then cries about people not accepting her size and then dances at the end with her friend Todd (love his name) and her parents first comment on him and Whitney is annoyed and throws a fit, but her confidence level is at a 10, she claims.
- She is very open to talk about sex, as is her mother, but then her father is not. It seems like she is getting around and spreading that big love around the world.
To sum it up, the show is a joke and I’ll be back next week to watch it!
Join us next week on Gossip & Gab for our My Big Fat Fabulous Life Recap. Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Check him out ranting on all things reality TV at Reality Rewind.1 of 1