The Hunger Games movie continues to rake in the cash for the fourth week in the row with $12.5 million in estimated ticket sales at the weekend box office. The last film that managed to top the weekend box office four times in a row was Avatar, which ran for seven consecutive weeks at number one.
The Hunger Games movie has already managed to earn in over $337 million domestically at the box office, making the film one of the top 25 grossing movies at the North American box office.
Peter and Bobby Farrelly‘s The Three Stooges movie reboot placed second at the weekend box office with a respectable $17.1 million — more it was expected to make for its premiere weekend. The horror flick The Cabin in the Woods placed third with $14.9 million, followed by James Cameron‘s Titanic 3-D at $11.6 million in fourth. April 15th was the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic in 1912.
Weekend Box Office Estimated Ranking This Week:
1. The Hunger Games, $21.5 million
2. The Three Stooges, $17.1 million.
3. The Cabin in the Woods, $14.9 million
4. Titanic in 3-D, $11.6 million
5. American Reunion, $10.6 million
6. Mirror Mirror, $7 million ($10.2
7. Wrath of the Titans, $6.9 million
8. 21 Jump Street, $6.8 million
9. Lockout, $6.3 million.
10. Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax, $3 million