We had the Food Network Star 2017 premiere tonight, as the new contestants on Food Network Star Season 13 arrived! For tonight, they had one final audition for Giada DeLaurentiis and Bobby Flay. The nerves were working overtime tonight on Food Network Stars 2017. Check out the action from tonight in our Food Network Star 2017 Recap below and see who went home on Food Network Star 2017 tonight!
For the new season, we do have 12 brand new contestants ready to duke it out to become the latest star on Food Network. However, there will be a special 13th contestant revealed during the premiere! Seven previous finalists have been competing on Food Network Star: Comeback Kitchen, a three episode special that started on May 21. The winner of this will earn a spot as a finalist on Season 13! We find out the winner tonight!
Who went home tonight on Food Network Star 2017? Find out in our recap that follows!
WARNING: FOOD NETWORK STAR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our Food Network Star 2017 Recap or see who who went home on Food Network Star Season 13 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
The contestants arrive at the Orpheum Theatre to meet Giada and Bobby. These are 12 semifinalists, not finalists! They will audition for Giada and Bobby in person to see what they got!
They will have 30 seconds to impress the judges, so here we go:
- Toya – She said a show name and time. Bobby said it is important to tell them about who you are.
- Suzanne – She wasted most of her time talking about her family and life story.
- David – He’s got some big guns. Giada liked the Jamaican biker aspect.
- Blake – He wants to do healthy eating. Bobby said his challenge is going to be making healthy appealing.
- Nancy – She wants to prove that it is never too late and Bobby liked that.
- Addie – She wants to show the world how to be easy, elegant and entertaining. She happened to work for Martha Stewart. Giada wonders how it will be different from what Martha Stewart does already.
- Jason – He definitely has a good personality and Bobby said he is personable. Giada wants more energy.
- Caodan – She seemed annoyed to be there. Bobby said she looks really cool, but he is concerned it is too cool.
- Trace – He starts talking and screws up and can’t get on track again, as he forgot what he rehearsed to say! Bobby said when they see him thinking every word in the sentence, it does not seem genuine.
- Cory – He seems to finish his presentation in 9 seconds! Yeah, you have some more time on Food Network Star 2017, so start talking! Bobby said he skipped over all the accolades he has done in life.
- Amy – She is a stay at home mom and very personable. I like her personality right now. Giada said when you are self-taught, you have to prove more.
- Rusty – He has been working a lot and tours with Zac Brown Band. Bobby said he has a good energy about him. Giada said it leaves you wanting more.
COMEBACK KITCHEN WINNER
The winner of Comeback Kitchen is Matthew Grunwald from Season 11!
ONE FINAL AUDITION
The contestants will have one final audition on Food Network Star 2017. Since this is a food show, they are going to start cooking now! They have 30 minutes to cook the judges their first impression dish, so the pressure is on!
They get started and Matthew crashes into Toya, as they run around the kitchen! There are definitely a lot of Southerners in the mix! Blake is having issues with the mixture for the tortillas. Now he has to scrap them. David is making scallops to show his French side and wanted to make grits with it, but can’t find any. Nancy seems to take forever to go get her protein, so no seafood left for her and she has to switch it up. Trace thinks him and Addie have the similar POV and very alike. Addie does not agree! Jason seems to be burning down the kitchen while boiling some whiskey. Caodan is making veggie spring rolls, but the rice paper is not working for her. So, she uses lettuce instead.
The time runs out and time to present their dishes to the judges on Food Network Star 2017!
The contestants will have one minute to present themselves and dishes. This time it will be for Bobby, Giada and special guest judges Robert Irvine and Monti Carlo. Here is feedback for each of the contestants:
- David – Robert said the flavors are not Jamaican. Monti wanted grits.
- Addie – Monti said slow down a little bit. Giada said she speaks quickly, but she has a lot of likability. Monti said she wishes she wore her fat pants for this sandwich!
- Jason – Robert said he is an intriguing, funny guy. Bobby said he stepped it up. He liked the goat cheese and bacon, but wanted more bourbon.
- Suzanne – Monti said it all felt very scattered. Giada said it looks pretty. Bobby said the rice is expertly cooked.
- Cory – Robert said a great description of a dish, but nothing about him. Monti said tell them why he is there. Bobby said it is Louisiana in a bowl. Monti said cooking is clearly his strength.
- Blake – Giada said you are not an authority when you tell us what didn’t make it on the plate. Giada said the cabbage has no flavor. Robert said this plate does nothing.
- Caodan – Giada said now she sees someone that wants to be here. Bobby said it was like she was dancing up there and so much better. Monti said it has some kick. Bobby said it is okay to punch people in the head with their food. Giada said she would eat a ton of these.
- Nancy – Robert said she wasted all the time saying she had a great story, but never finished the story. He said there is not one thing that goes together on the dish.
- Rusty – Giada said it was jolting, but he painted a beautiful picture. Monti said it does not have a lot of breading.
- Matthew – Bobby said he did a great job describing the dish. He said the dish needed heat and the dish is crying for it.
- Amy – Giada said she needs more confidence. Robert said the presentation is great. Bobby said it one of the most exciting dishes he has seen. Giada said it tastes great.
- Trace – Giada said she likes him and did not seem over-rehearsed. He did not make the mayo, so Robert said he basically grilled corn. Giada said it could become an issue if he only uses two ingredients in the future.
- Toya – Robert said she never talked about herself. Bobby said the crab is meaty. Something is bitter in the dish on Food Network Star 2017!
The contestants that did the best tonight on Food Network Star 2017 are Caodan, Amy and Jason! They are all safe this week. The bottom three tonight are Nancy, Blake and Toya! Blake dropped the ball on this one, as he did not make his tortillas and the dish had no flavor. Because of that, Blake has been eliminated tonight on Food Network Star 2017!
What do you think of the results on Food Network Star Season 13 tonight?
Join us on Gossip & Gab for all your Food Network Star 2017 spoilers, recaps, news, predictions and previews. Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1