Once Upon a Time‘s much anticipated musical “The Song in your Heart” is right around the corner; singing, dancing, drinking, fighting galore.
Musicals are the definition of Disney. With a show based off the most iconic Disney characters, it was only natural that they would venture into a musical number at one point or another. Six seasons in they took the plunge. Hook and Emma were scheduled to get married, might as well make it a musical number right?
Except the music is all in flashbacks and creating a parallel to today to show how far these characters have come. Helping to add in the full circle feel of this season. Season 6 has thrown it back to its roots that brought this show the masses it needed to survive thus far, this episode was similar in that we saw the time when the Evil Queen was gearing up to cast her curse. Six of the 8 songs are played out in flashbacks with the final two playing out in present day.
Without giving away too much, what can you look forward to seeing this Sunday…
- Familiar faces. Quite a few of the people who were apart of the original story came back to give the flashbacks that organic season 1 feel.
- Snow White at her balcony literally looks like young Regina from the back and it throws you off for a second.
- Little Emma will break your heart
- “Green isn’t my color, but it seems to have done the trick.”
- The dilemma over the dress, a nod to her mother’s dress and the reason why she can’t just wear that is revealed.
- The harmony between Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas is beautiful. Proving yet again that they are a match made in heaven. (On and off screen)
- Wicked Always Wins is the most beautifully sung demented song ever. The lyrics are downright mental and fit perfectly with Zelena in her wicked days but the melody is stunning.
- All the songs are great. The actors really went above and beyond with their numbers. The sing off between the Charmings and the Evil Queen is wonderful. Some of their voices will leave you stunned.
The flashbacks gear in at the precise moment to showcase just how far these characters have come. Their development is played out side by side. This episode definitely helps bring the show full circle. The final battle will play out during the finale. No official word yet of if the show will be back for a season 7 but TPTB has alluded that there will be closure in the finale if this does turn out to be the end.
The musical episode of Once Upon a Time airs this Sunday at 8:00PM on ABC. You can download the full soundtrack on iTunes.
Join us on GossipandGab.com for ABC’s Once Upon a Time season six news, previews and episode reviews! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook or Twitter for all our latest updates. You can also follow me on Twitter.1 of 1