It is back-to-back week on CBS, as they are giving us two new episodes of The Amazing Race 2017 tonight after doing the same for Survivor last night! The teams on Amazing Race Season 29 will be feeling the pressure tonight and tensions are going to rise. They are still working on getting to know each other, but the fighting will never stop for some of them! Check it out with us during our The Amazing Race 2017 Live Recap and see who went home on The Amazing Race 2017 tonight!
Last week on The Amazing Race Season 29, there was some major drama among the teams. They found out a blind Double U-Turn was ahead and they started plotting! Matt & Redmond were definitely a target of Ashton’s and she was able to do it. Seth & Olive were also a target of Tara & Joey. While the fellas got angry and aggressive with the other teams, they made up the time quickly and finished fourth on the night! However, you can’t say the same about Seth & Olive. They could not make up the time and because of that, they were eliminated!
[PHOTOS: Click here to meet the Season 29 teams!]
The fun has already started, so follow along with our live recap below!
WARNING: THE AMAZING RACE 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our The Amazing Race 2017 Live Recap or see who went home on The Amazing Race Season 29 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Amazing Race 2017 recap]
We start with Vanck & Ashton and Matt & Redmond seeming to squash their beef, but neither of them really seem to truly over it. Liz & Michael kick things off in Tanzania and they are heading to the childhood home of Freddie Mercury for the next clue, but definitely get lost along the way. Tara & Joey find it and get the clue, which is a Detour! Liz & Michael finally go to ask an agent for help and determine it is Freddie Mercury’s home.
For this Detour on The Amazing Race 2017, they will either Lock, which has them searching chests to find a secret key to unlock the chest, or Knock, which has them going door-to-door to retrieve wooden carvings. Here are some highlights:
- Tara & Joey are just knocking on every door and hoping, as Tara gets one of the three carvings now! It was nice at first, but they get lost and decide to switch and no one is even at the other one yet!
- Everyone seems to be doing Lock.
- Michael figured out pretty quickly that the drawers have a secret compartment, but not others are picking up on it.
- Vanck & Ashton are doing Knock and are lost and trying to find help, but Vanck wants to Google it, but Ashton wants to leave and said if they lose, she is blaming him!
- Liz & Michael find a key and get the next clue.
- Tara & Joey find no key in the first room, so they switch back to Knock, even though Joey does not know.
- Vanck wants to switch, but Ashton is persistent and they find a guy that tells them where all three doors are located, supposedly.
- Brooke finally notices the hidden compartment and tells Matt. She gets a key, but London & Logan are still out of the loop. Now Brooke & Scott and Matt & Redmond find a key. Matt & Redmond get it unlocked, but Brooke & Scott can’t get it unlocked and look for another key.
- Brooke finds another key and Scott gets it to work. Becca asks for their other key and Scott gives it to them, which pisses off Brooke! Becca finds the chest the key unlocks and her and Floyd head out! Logan & London are just confused and ticked.
- Shamir & Sara are trying to working on their communication, but it is not going well.
- Ashton & Vanck finish Knock and had out to the ferry.
- Logan & London decide to switch, but walk out and find a lady that knows where all the doors are and gives them directions. They find all three doors, as Sara & Shamir are still searching for their final door!
- Sara & Shamir decide to switch Detours, as the other teams all take off on the ferry! Shamir has stopped trying to be nice, as they are arguing!
- They finally discover the hidden compartment and get a key and clue!
Liz & Michael are heading back to Tanzania on a ferry for the next clue on The Amazing Race 2017, as they have been on the island of Zanzibar. All of the teams besides Sara & Shamir are on the ferry and waiting to take off. It takes off and no Sara & Shamir, so not looking good for them right now!
The teams get off the ferry and head to the next clue in taxis. The clue is a Road Block, so here we go. Shamir & Sara finally on the ferry!
For this Road Block on The Amazing Race 2017, they will take a sheet of metal and make it into a useful cooking utensil. Get it approved and get the next clue! Here are highlights:
- We see Vanck, Brooke, Michael, Joey, Logan, Redmond and Becca working on the ladle. Brooke is whining and saying she can’t do it. Ashton thinks she should be doing this one. Brooke has not stopped whining since she started.
- Brooke comes out to Scott to say she can’t do it. He tells her to use their relationships, so Brooke comes back and talks with Becca and asks how she is doing it. So, Becca offer to cut her circle and now they are not in debt to them for giving them the key!
- Joey tries, but not approved. Redmond is denied on first attempt. Joey gets it right the second attempt and they get the clue.
- Becca makes her ladle and it is approved!
- Michael and Logan get approved. Michael gives Brooke a pep talk and helps her a little, as everyone is helping her and her whining!
- Vanck is approved, but Brooke is denied on her first attempt.
- Brooke gets the second attempt correct.
- Shamir is finally working on the ladle.
Joey & Tara will be heading to the Pit Stop now, which is at Coco Beach!
They are at Coco Beach and Phil Keoghan is back, so here are the results:
- First Place – Joey & Tara and they each win $5,000!
- Second Place – Becca & Floyd
- Third Place – Liz & Michael
- Fourth Place – Matt & Redmond
- Fifth Place – Logan & London
- Sixth Place – Vanck & Ashton
- Seventh Place – Brooke & Scott
- Last Place – Shamir & Sara don’t even make it to the mat, as it is late and dark and Phil comes to the Road Block! All the other teams have checked in, so they can stop and have been eliminated tonight on The Amazing Race Season 29!
Now to the second hour of The Amazing Race 2017 tonight!
The teams will be leaving Africa and flying to Norway tonight! When there, they will head to a lighthouse. This is the fifth leg, so Becca & Floyd have to use the Express Pass on this leg. The focus seems to be on Ashton & Vanck’s drama and fighting. All the teams are on the same flight to Norway.
The teams all land in Norway and have to drive to the lighthouse. Of course, Michael feels they are lost. Becca & Floyd get to the lighthouse first and they have to eat some fish before getting the clue. Brooke, of course, is being dramatic and can’t eat it! Becca & Floyd get the clue and they will head to Slinningen for the next clue.
There is a Fast Forward, so Becca & Floyd do it and take a helicopter ride to the end? They have to do a tandem jump out of the helicopter at 10,000 feet! Brooke gets it done and it is all arguing in the car ride!
The teams get to the next clue and it is a Road Block, which has them climbing a huge stack of wooden pallets. The Norwegians burn this every year to break their world record. So, the contestants must climb to the top and nail down some boards. The stack is 13 stories high!
We see Matt, Joey and Ashton doing this one. Matt is flying up the stack, but Joey is going slow and steady with his nerves. Scott does this one, as he is afraid of heights and doing it again. London and Liz are doing it also.
Matt took zero seconds on this one, so he is done! They get their next clue, which is a Detour. It is Trolls, which has them running around town to find fire trolls and then recite a spell to retrieve them and collect six rockets, or Troll, which has them kayaking through an area and finding a bait with a clue of where the next Pit Stop is on The Amazing Race 2017!
The teams are finishing up and heading out, but Ashton does not have her fanny pack. Of course, she blames Vanck for this. I feel so bad for this guy, as he gets blamed for everything and she can do no wrong!
Tara & Joey and Matt & Redmond are kayaking and confused. Joey finds a clue, but then Tara finds another one and not sure what to do with it. They decide to team up and figure it out. We see Brooke & Scott and Logan & London working the Detour together to find the trolls. It seems that everyone is as annoyed with Ashton & Vanck as me, as Scott said the next U-Turn they will be the targets!
We watch as Floyd & Becca jump out of the helicopter and it looks like so much fun! They get to head right to the Pit Stop, which is at Mount Aksla. Tara & Joey and Matt & Redmond talk and Joey tells them about the lure with the clue, which Matt & Redmond do not have. Joey tells them there is another one and then they had out to ask people what Aksla means!
We see the teams racing up Mount Aksla and it is a long run. The other teams are all working on Trolls and gathering those rockets. They all get it turned in and have to walk up the hill. Michael does not want to walk, so he decides to drive! However, leaving the parking spot, he hits a parked van and now they have to deal with that!
The guy lets them go and now Liz is driving! The other teams are walking and Brooke has not stopped complaining. Liz & Michael go to a parking garage and find an elevator, which Michael thinks is a way to the top of the hill. The other teams check-in, as Michael & Liz fight in an elevator! They finally get out and just walk!
The teams are checking in and here is the order:
- First Place – Tara & Joey
- Second Place – Matt & Redmond
- Third Place – Floyd & Becca, despite using the Fast Forward!
- Fourth Place – Vanck & Ashton
- Fifth Place – London & Logan
- Sixth Place – Brook & Scott
- Last Place – Liz & Michael, but the race is not ending for them! Phil gives them the next clue and the race continues, but they argue it out and fighting on who is right and who is wrong! Until next time!
What do you think of the results on The Amazing Race 2017 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our The Amazing Race 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who went home on The Amazing Race Season 29 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1