We all know that The Challenge Invasion 2017 is not about the champions invading the game on the underdogs. Now, it is about the drama behind the scenes on The Challenge MTV and what romances will or will not last, as it was hinted at last week. That was tested with Jenna & Zach this week, so get the details in our The Challenge Invasion 2017 recap below!
Jealousy and Nakedness
We start the episode with naked time in the pool for some of the champ ladies! Then it is all about relationships starting, as we see Ashley K. liking Dario and Camila talking about having a past with Cory and maybe that can happen, especially now with Kailah gone. Then Cara Maria wants to do a dating show with everyone and starts asking Hunter all these questions, which leads to Ashley overhearing and jealousy begins and, of course, the fighting between them.
Roll with the Punches
For the challenge this week, they will be paired up in guy-girl pairs. They will go up on some rolling apparatus and have to roll with it. For every rotation they make it through they get a point, but there is a three minute time limit. The team with the most points after everyone goes wins $10,000 for their bank. This is a Champions’ elimination, so the best guy and girl will nominate someone.
We get started and here are the matchups on The Challenge Invasion 2017:
- Nelson & Amanda against Johnny Bananas & Laurel – The Underdogs don’t show up for this one and are a big fail. The Champs kill it.
- Shane & Sylvia against CT & Cara Maria – Big fail for the girls, but the guys work together and both time out on this one.
- Hunter & Ashley against Ashley K & Darrell. The Ashleys fail. The guys are up there hanging and spinning, but Darrell falls and Hunter recovers and finishes it out! Ashley K took a big dive into the water, so she gets checked out in an ambulance.
- Dario & Nicole against Zach & Camila – Girls fail, again. Dario lasts a couple minutes and Zach times out.
- Cory & Jenna against Bananas & Laurel – There are extra Underdogs, so the Champs have to pick another pair to go a second time. Bananas works his magic and puts it on Laurel doing so well the first time, so they go again. He really just wanted more time up there to win. It worked, as the girls fall and he gets Cory down, so he is alone and racking up the points and Champs are pissed they let him get a second chance to be safe!
TJ Lavin delivers the results, as the Champions earned more points and win $10,000 for their banks! The best girl is Laurel and the best guy is Johnny Bananas (and he earned the highest score on his second run)! They do their nominations right away, as Laurel nominates Zach and Bananas nominates Cara Maria.
The Talk Begins
It is all about Jenna wanting to talk to Zach tonight about those rumors going around that she f***ed or got finger-b***ed by Bruno on the plane. She is a hot mess and he is trying to be supportive, as he is trying to not look like a douchebag on The Challenge MTV 2017!
Time for the Champions to put up their nominations. The guys vote and it is Ashley K and Darrell nominated. CT nominated Camila, which she was pissed about. So, she turns around and nominates him.
It is time for the champs to take each other on and Cory is excited to watch this movie play out! For these Champion eliminations, TJ said they are bringing back some classics. Up first: Pole Wrestle. They will start in the middle of a circle and both will be holding onto a pole. They have to twist, turn and yank to try and get the pole out of the other’s hands. The best 2 out of 3 wins.
David Takes Down Goliath
The girls are up first and I was shocked at how well Ashley K hung in there. You would assume that Cara Maria would eat her up, but not the case. However, it was a 2-0 win for Cara Maria and Ashley K was eliminated!
For the guys, Zach is a beast. You would assume he would kick some butt in this one. Not the case, as Darrell is no stranger to winning this show and knows what he needs to do. He wore him down and Darrell wins 2-0, which means Zach was eliminated and Jenna is a bigger hot mess!
Will The Talk Continue?
Jenna said they never got to fully say what they wanted to, so they’ll probably never talk again after this since they didn’t resolve it. Zach said Jenna deserves a good guy and he is terrible in relationships and needs to work on that. It appears like he wants to, so maybe they will after The Challenge Invasion 2017 ends?
The Challenge Invasion 2017 airs every Tuesday at 9/8c on MTV!
Join us next week on Gossip & Gab for our The Challenge Invasion 2017 Recap. Let’s watch together as the best of the blind auditions on The Voice USA Season 12 airs! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1