We crown a new winner of Top Chef Season 14 tonight! We will see Top Chef Charleston 2017 come to an end tonight in Mexico, as Shirley Chung and Brooke Williamson battle it out with one final meal on Top Chef 2017. I am so ready for the Top Chef Charleston 2017 winner to be announced tonight during the Top Chef finale on Bravo. Who takes home the title? Find out during our Top Chef Charleston 2017 Live Recap tonight and see who won Top Chef Charleston 2017 tonight!
Last week on Top Chef 2017 Season 14, we started the night with the Quickfire Challenge and the chefs had to create a dish featuring habaneros and use ingredients from a local market. Sheldon’s dish was too spicy, but they enjoyed the other too. It was Brooke winning a week’s stay at the resort they were currently at! For the Elimination Challenge, they had to create a dish using Mayan ingredients and tools and no real kitchen, as they would be cooking over open flames. They all made great dishes, but Sheldon screwed up cooking his fish over the open flame and it was all tore up. That cost him, as Sheldon was eliminated and we were left with an all-female finale!
Who wins tonight on Top Chef 2017? We made our predictions earlier today, so check them out while we find out in our Live Recap that follows!
WARNING: TOP CHEF CHARLESTON 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened tonight on our Top Chef Charleston 2017 Live Recap or find out who won Top Chef Season 14 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Top Chef 2017 Live Recap]
Brooke and Shirley enjoy some breakfast together. Apparently Brooke couldn’t sleep and has been up since 4am!
Brooke and Shirley meet Padma Lakshmi and Tom Colicchio and the final challenge will have them cooking a four-course progressive meal. They can place their orders for ingredients with the hotel and can add 10,000 pesos. They will get three sous from the eliminated chefs this season, which they draw knives to get the pick. The final sous chef was actually picked by the judges:
- Shirley – Casey, Katsuji and her chef from her restaurant at home.
- Brooke – Sheldon, Sam and her chef that helps run their restaurants at home.
The chefs work on their menus and what dishes they want to make. From there, they head to the store and get some ingredients. We see Brooke having some issues with pork belly and if she can create the dish in her head. That night, Shirley and Brooke head to dinner and are surprised by their husbands and Brooke’s son, which was nice to see. There was some clear tension between Shirley and Brooke, but it was definitely forgotten at dinner!
It is the final day and the chefs head into the kitchen to get their dishes ready. Brooke is worried about the pork belly for her third dish. Shirley has pork belly for a backup, so Brooke is wanting it if she needs it and Shirley is holding out. Katsuji is kosher, but Shirley has him breaking down the pig! Shirley is definitely a talker, as everyone in the kitchen can hear her on Top Chef Charleston 2017!
They continue working on their dishes and Shirley is having some major issues with the pasta maker and it keeps sticking and falling off the counter! She gets someone to hold it down and gets the noodles made. She gets her meat figured out and does not need the pork belly, so she gives it to Brooke, since she wants to beat her on cooking alone and not because she could not get her ingredients.
The flan is not cooking for Brooke and it is going on three hours! The judges and guests arrive, so plating is beginning. The judges loved Shirley’s menu and how she gave them a story on Top Chef Season 14. The time is up and time for the tasting to begin!
- First Course – For Brooke, her broth is very interesting. They love it. Tom said it was light and really delicious. For Shirley, it was beautifully plated. They said it took a lot of confidence to do something so simple.
- Second Course – For Brooke, Padma said she likes her octopus and this is finale food. They said they would put this on any menu they would put out. For Shirley, they said the broth was flat. Tom said there are so many ramen places opening now, so this can be found. They said it is difficult to call that a winning dish next to the octopus.
- Third Course – For Brooke, they love the dish. The cook on the protein was great and liked the sauce. Tom said it was well put together and the beans were the star of the dish. For Shirley, Padma said she loves her pork shank. Tom said he forgot how much he liked wild rice. They said it was flavorful.
- Final Course – For Brooke, it is eggy and too dense. It was not perfectly executed. Tom is not getting it at all. For Shirley, they said it is compulsively edible. It is one of the best desserts they have ever had. There was a seductiveness to it.
Tom said both menus were worthy of the title. They seemed to think Shirley started smart and progressed really well. Brooke started out with a big smack with her dish. Brooke definitely won the second course. They definitely seem to be even on the third course. They absolutely loved Shirley’s dish and Padma said it was the best dish of the night and most creative.
The judges discuss the dishes one more time and have come up with a decision. The chefs are back in front of them and the winner of Top Chef Season 14 is Brooke!!! Who did not see that one coming???
What do you think of the results on Top Chef Charleston 2017?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Top Chef Charleston 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who won Top Chef Season 14 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1