We find out the winner of Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight, and the final four designers on Project Runway Junior Season 2 show off their final collections for the judges. Talks with be had and decisions will be made. So, which of the designers on Project Runway Junior Season 2 will win tonight? Find out during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap and see who won Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight!
Last week on Project Runway Junior Season 2, we started the final challenge of the season. The designers all headed home for five weeks and had to create a six-piece spring collection with a $4,000 budget. We got to see them record their process while at home. Then Tim Gunn sat down with them and their families in Los Angeles to discuss how things went. Then it was time for Hawwaa and Tieler to show the judges a preview of their collection (two pieces). They would pick one to move on to the final show and one would head home. As much as it sucked to see, I think Tieler fell short on this one and had a pretty boring collection. The judges liked both, but Tieler was eliminated and Hawwaa moved forward.
Follow along with tonight’s live recap below, as the winner of Project Runway Junior Season 2 is crowned! To find out who we think it will be, check out our predictions from earlier today!
WARNING: PROJECT RUNWAY JUNIOR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap or see who won Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Project Runway Junior Season 2 recap]
The final four are in the workroom and Tim Gunn comes in and tells them they have two days to work on their collections. He will be back later for his critique. From there, the designers are working and Hawwaa is making some changes to the jacket and some feedback from the judges. In walks Project Runway All Stars host and judge Alyssa Milano, as she has some nice words for the designers. Then they get a video message from Georgina Chapman telling them they are great and enjoy their first show!
For Chris, Chris said it is a New York collection. Tim does not like the baby blue color he has in some of the looks. He said he is intrigued by the caged concept, but some looks are stronger than others. For Chelsea, he said the sleeves had to go on one of her looks. She made sequin underwear and Tim said they are chap and tawdry. He said she knows what to do and she can do it, but he took the underwear with him!
For Izzy, he said the whole collection has a relaxed feel for it, but it is very polished. He thinks it is very strong and he can see these looks on the red carpet. He said she has a lot to do, but she has the time to do it. For Hawwaa, he said the skirt was uneven when it walked. He said to look for things that are economical time wise.
Tim is done and now the models come in for their fitting on Project Runway Junior 2017. Chris is having some fit issues. Izzy’s models are fitting in her looks and she is beyond excited. Chelsea is having major fit issues, as nothing seems to be fitting her models and she is freaking out! She puts the dress with the sleeves on it that Tim told her to get rid of and she loves it, so no changes with the leather sleeves. Chris has a long list of changes to make and is freaking!
Chris has a ton of work to do, so hopefully he can get this stuff ton. Tim comes in gives them a pep talk. A group hug and they are all winners before he leaves. Chris is making progress, but he needs to make a statement jacket in like 30 minutes! He gets it together and has a jacket, as the day comes to an end and this is it folks!
The final runway show on Project Runway Junior Season 2 has arrived! The designers arrive on the red carpet and loving the experience. They admire all the sats there and do their own catwalk! After their hair and makeup appointments, the models arrive in the back and they have 30 minutes to get them in their outfits! The judges arrive and the time has run out, so time to get these shows going!
FINAL RUNWAY SHOW
For tonight’s show, the judges are Hannah Jeter, Christian Siriano, Kelly Osbourne, Aya Kinai and guest judge Olivia Holt. Now here are the collections:
- Chelsea – Love the top on the first look. It all goes so well together with the black leather. Love the red dress and the emblem on it. I am not a fan of the leather sleeves with the floral dress. The final dress is super cute and I love the top on it. Very cohesive.
- Chris – Love color blocking on the first look and the back of the top is super cute. The fourth look is super cute and the jacket totally works with it. I love his use of prints and his final jumpsuit was cute. It is a very cohesive collection.
- Izzy – I love the color of the first dress. The second cute is super look and I am getting a junior vibe from this one. The pants on the third look are great and I like them. It is a very cohesive collection, but it is pretty boring to me. The final look is bright and pretty and I love it is a jumpsuit.
- Hawwaa – I do lov her use of colors. That second look is over-the-top and definitely a runway look. I like the colors and brightness of it, but it is too much in some of the looks. She fixed the back on one of the looks, but it just seems cut and not polished.
- Chris – Aya said she loved the first look. Christian said he got the New York cool girl vibe, but did not get that for the final look. He loved the prints. Hannah said he had a balance and she said how it could all come into a collection. Kelly said she loved the first look and he showed that he does not solely rely on prints. Olivia loved his creativity, but it felt let New York City girl as the models came out.
- Hawwaa – Christian said she had a great show and it was nice to se the colors and he liked the styling. Kelly liked the whacky and styling of it. She loves that the pieces can stand alone. Olivia loved the colors and loved that she took risks. Hannah said she was surprised because she has revolved as a designer. Aya said her aesthetic has a youthful feel, but you don’t want it to look junior.
- Chelsea – Kelly said the transition and how it went from black, she did a fantastic job. Hannah said she really blew her away today. Aya said she did not like the leather sleeves. A balance between the superhero and woman. Christian said her strength is not evening wear. He loved the red shift dress and that is where he focus should be. Olivia said the story was special.
- Izzy – Kelly said she loved her color-blocking and loves the laid back feel, but it was chic. Hers was the most cohesive. Christian said the trains feel glamorous. Olivia said she could wear that to the VMAs, but then wear it on stage and feel comfortable. Hannah said she had basic shape dresses, but she made interesting backs. Aya said the sport idea is fully loud and clear, but it has the innovation they are used to from her.
The judges on Project Runway Junior 2017 discuss all of the final collections. They like Izzy’s, but more on the boring side and I think she is out. They had positive and negative things to say about the other three collections. They seemed to love Chris’ first two looks and not enjoy the rest, but I am hoping those looks give him the win. Who do you think wins?
The judges discussed all the looks and the designers are back on the runway, so here we go:
- Fourth Place – Izzy
- Third Place – Hawwaa
- Second Place – Chris
- Season 2 Winner – Chelsea!
What do you think of the results on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who won Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1