Huge night on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight, as the designers face a double elimination on Project Runway Junior Season 2 and the finalists will be determined! The designers will create an editorial look inspired by street-art murals to get a spot in the Project Runway Junior 2017 finale! Check it out with us during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight!
Last week on Project Runway Junior Season 2, the designers were put to the task of creating a high-end look inspired by Italy that could walk the Milan Fashion Week runways. Izzy, yet again, was feeling uninspired and paranoid. Her look was hideous and the judges loved it. Tieler had a very nice look, but had a model with her goodies hanging out because he cut the front too low. Thankfully he had Cartier and Hawwaa to overshadow him. Cartier made a plain, boring dress and Hawwaa made a look that was not high-end, however the judges kept her around and Cartier was eliminated and Hawwaa survived, yet again!
Follow along with tonight’s live recap below, as the designers take on a new challenge!
WARNING: PROJECT RUNWAY JUNIOR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap or see who went home on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Project Runway Junior Season 2 recap]
For this challenge, the designers will be using street art as an inspiration. They have to design a high end look to go with the piece of art they are assigned. Then their model will get a photograph in front of the art to see how they work together. They have one day and a $350 budget and the winner will get a spread in Seventeen magazine! Plus, four designers will make it to the finale, which kicks off next week! That means two designers are going home tonight!
The designers get some time to sketch and get their inspiration. They then head to Mood, which is closed, but Tim Gunn has the keys! They will have to cut their own fabric and Tim will check them out. Some of the designers miss the workers helping them out with finding things!
Back in the workroom, they get to work. Molly is not liking all the bright colors. Chris is not feeling the love for the girl that is on his painting. Chelsea has only been sewing for two years, so she is struggling right now and is going to scrap her look and start over, after two hours of working on it! Tieler thinks it is a bad idea.
For Hawwaa, he likes the tulle and wonders if she should use it elsewhere. For Chelsea, he said it makes him smile. He said the back is different from the front and he misses the stars. For Chris, he says to fix his sewing and doesn’t want that to be his downfall. For Izzy, he said he is not understanding why she treats one panel so differently than the other, especially when so much symmetry in front. For Molly, she is the only one not using vibrant colors. For Tieler, he is concerned it is too bland (which it sadly is).
After Tim leaves, Tieler said he may keep his designs, since he really likes it. Hawwaa is trying to impress the judges this week, as she feels like the judges don’t know her point of view. The models come in for their fitting and Tieler has pants that don’t fit. Chris is showing some side boob, so not Seventeen friendly on Project Runway Junior 2017!
Chris now asks how much side boob is tasteful for Seventeen, which is hilarious! Tieler takes the pants apart and puts an insert in the help them fit the model. The night comes to an end, as they only have a little more time to finish their looks!
The big day is here and the designers head back to the workroom to finish up their looks. Izzy has to sew on the sleeves to her top, but waiting for the model. She is trying to get ahead of the game. The models come in and Tieler’s pants still don’t fit and he is freaking out on Project Runway Junior 2017! Molly’s look is so dark. Izzy is still trying to sew on her sleeves. Tieler gets the pants on his model, but they are way too tight, but time is up and they are heading to the runway!
Time for the runway show and the judges tonight are Hannah Jeter, Christian Siriano, Kelly Osbourne and Aya Kanai! Here we go:
- Izzy – Yah, that top is very good and she worked it out and I am loving the train.
- Hawwaa – Not a huge fan of the tulle, but the color blocking is cool.
- Molly – It is a pretty simple dress and cape is cool, but it is too dark.
- Chris – The jacket is very cool and very street.
- Tieler – It is very plain and so, so tight.
- Chelsea – I hate this. It looks like stars pasted together and pasted together badly.
- Izzy – Kelly said she did a phenomenal job. Christian said she has so many beautiful construction details here. Hannah said she might not do the white on the train. Aya said it has that youthful fun, but design element too.
- Chelsea – Christian said he loves this dress so much. Aya said the dress is crafty and DIY and she means that in the best possible way. Hannah said she wants to wear this. Kelly said she killed it with this.
- Tieler – Christian said the fabric got the best of him and looking at so many fit issues. Kelly said the background of the art makes it come alive. Aya said it is a super cute idea, but the execution bit him in the back side.
- Chris – Aya said these are the kinds of clothes they would use in Seventeen magazine. Christian said the prints are the right mix. Kelly said she loves it and wants it. Hannah said it is almost pajama like.
- Molly – Aya said it is the only look that has punchy color. Kelly said the major details of this that make it so cool, you can’t see. Christian said he loves the photo, but it doesn’t make the most sense for a Seventeen magazine moment.
- Hannah – Kelly said she loves it and thinks it’s fresh. Aya likes how she incorporated the sheer fabric. Hannah said the sheer she would not wear, but it looks good in photos. Christian said he likes this look, but it is a similar top and short look that they have seen.
The judges take a closer look at the looks for tonight. I am thinking they pick Chelsea as the winner, even though I hated it and think Izzy should win. I am thinking they send home Molly and Hawwaa, even though Tieler screwed up. I think the judges want to see his collection over the others. What do you think?
- Winner – Chelsea
- Safe – Izzy and Chris
- Eliminated – Molly. For Hawwaa and Tieler, they are neither in nor out! They will both make a collection, but only one of them will actually show it! The judges will look at them and decide next week, so take her down Tieler!
What do you think of the results on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1