The Bad Girls Club is back for Season 17, and the theme this year is “East Meets West.” We are in for another season of twerking, yelling, fighting and overall ratchet women attempting to make a name for themselves. Tonight’s casting special will introduce us to the next 7 girls to live under the Bad Girls Club microscope. Let’s meet the women!
- Deshayla: According to her Oxygen.com profile, she is one of the four women representing the East Coast and setting women back hundreds of year. The highlight of her biography is that she is in the house to work on her daddy issues. That may be a pre-requisite for being cast on the show.
- Francesca: First and foremost, her profile lets us know that she is going to have immediate trouble. She has never lived with roommates. That is a receipe for disaster in the Bad Girls Club. Between her “quick trigger temper” and her “over the top” personality, she is in for a rude awakening.
- Kiyanna: Representing Brooklyn, this scholarly loud mouth has signed up for the wrong show if she’s looking to pursue a career in psychology. Continuously, her time in the house may turn her in to a psych patient!
- Seven: No, I am not making that up. That is her name. Her biography describes her as a “party girl” with a bad temper. That’s standard fare for this show. At any rate, I hope she lasts longer than seven episodes!
- Keyaira: This Compton native enjoys wearing the title of “hood girl” and color me shocked but she too rubs people the wrong way. Of course, she is an aspiring rapper, however, her temper may get the best of her. Strangely enough, you can see her in physical altercations in the trailer for the season!
- Sayyora: Arguably one of the smartest girls this show has ever featured, this tattooed vixen has a 4.0 GPA. While I hope the producers fact checked her transcript, all things considered she too has a temper and will let anyone who rubs her the wrong way know it. Let’s hope her vocabulary is more than words that will be constantly bleeped out.
- Susan: Last but certainly not least is this Kim Kardashian wannabe. Be that as it may, she too has a temper problem as well as the ability to come up with an original problem. While her profile reads the most generic, the trailer shows her getting into a physical altercation.
The Bad Girls Club is a staple of the trashy reality television series. Paradoxically, the Oxygen Network is rebranding itself this summer. Regrettably, the goal is to focus on crime shows for women. Good luck to the network and I will truly miss the ratchet escapades seen on my television screen twice a year!
In my opinion, there will never be a show that can replicate the volatile chemistry found on Bad Girls Club, however it will not be missed. Otherwise the network would not have needed to make the change.
The Bad Girls Club East Meets West Season 17 Casting Special airs Tuesday, February 7th @ 8pm EST on the Oxygen Network. Season 17 premieres next Tuesday, February 14th @ 8pm EST.