There is a big prize on the line tonight on Project Runway Junior 2017, as the designers on Project Runway Junior Season 2 will be creating high-end looks for Milan Fashion Week and the winner gets a trip to Italy! Yeah, where do I sign up for that? The previews made it look like a bad night for Tieler, so don’t mess with me Lifetime or judges and send him home! Check it out with us during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight!
Last week on Project Runway Junior Season 2, the designers were surprised by a fire drill in the workroom, but it just lead them to their next challenge: designing date night looks for the significant others of some NYFD members! The designers were struggling, as some of their clients wanted looks that did not meet their design aesthetic. They all came up with looks though and most of the ladies did not seem too thrilled with what they came up with! However, it was Cartier winning the challenge and Izzy and Allie on the bottom. Allie was too safe and has patterns that did not go together, so the judges sent her home!
Follow along with tonight’s live recap below, as the designers take on a new challenge!
WARNING: PROJECT RUNWAY JUNIOR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap or see who went home on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Project Runway Junior Season 2 recap]
CHALLENGE – For this challenge, the designers will be creating a high-end look that is inspired by Italy that could walk the runway at the Milan Fashion Week show. They have a $300 budget and one day to complete their look.
The designers do some sketching and then head to Mood to shop. Izzy seems to go way over the budget, so she has to put some stuff back. In the workroom, there happens to be a buffet from Carrabba’s. They get started working on their looks and Izzy is not happy with her lack of colors, so she uses some of Cartier’s paint and a lint roller and starts painting a fabric! Later on, she notices a spot on her dress and it is oil (probably from that dang buffet)!
More Tim Gunn impressions from Chris, which is amazing! Izzy is trying to work out that stain. Cartier finished painting her fabric and and l am loving the blended colors. Tieler seems to be happy with where he is at. The stain stick worked for Izzy, so no more stain!
TIM’S CRITIQUES – For Tieler, he said it is very polished and it looks beautiful. For Izzy, he said the top looks crafty and it is part of this, so own it. For Hawwaa, he said he is crazy about this. It is an innovation and steps out without being whacky. For Molly, he said it is a beautiful look, but she has a lot of work to do. For Chris, he said it is stunning. He said keep it clean and make sure everything is brilliantly finished. For Chelsea, he said we have a pocket potpourri. He wants the pockets crisper. For Cartier, he was in awe of what she did last week and he is missing the design this week. He sees the dressmaker again and wants her to flip the top inside-out again!
The models come in for their fitting and Cartier is going to stick with her design and skip Tim’s critique. Izzy has all these pieces of fabric on top of her dress and it just looks hideous. Tieler said it looks like when a TV goes out! The time runs out and the day is done on Project Runway Junior 2017!
It is runway day and the designers are finishing up their looks. Izzy’s look is so, so bad with all that fabric. Molly is having issues and her model’s pants don’t fit. Tieler puts his model in her look and the jacket is too wide on her chest and we have boobies showing! He tries to tape it down, but Tim said he can’t do that! So, he tries to sew real quick, as he only has five minutes! Cartier helps him out, but time runs out and they head to the runway!
RUNWAY SHOW – Time for the show and the judges, yet again, are Hannah Jeter, Christian Siriano, Kelly Osbourne and Aya Kanai! Here we go:
- Izzy – Those piece look crazy and I am not a fan, as it looks like confetti.
- Chelsea – I am not a fan of this and it just seems to be plain and just sitting on her.
- Hawwaa – The colors work and another bright look from her.
- Tieler – It looks very high-end, but that deep-v is not working and too big.
- Molly – This is a high-end look, but the bell bottom pants are not that great.
- Cartier – The dress is nice and I like the colors in it, but it is also a little plain.
- Chris – I am loving the print of the pants and that shirt over it is amazing! A great look from him!
Molly is safe tonight on Project Runway Junior Season 2, so the other six designers are high and low this week!
JUDGES’ CRITIQUES –
- Chelsea – Aya said amazing job and it has the right mix between feminine and masculine elements. Hannah loves the lock and the neckline is real feminine. Christian said this is fashion, but hates the lining. Kelly said the gold buttons pick up the lining.
- Cartier – Christian likes the technique, but wanted her to push the design. Hannah said she wanted the design to take over and not the fabric. Aya said this would be in a story about prom and not push fashion forward. Kelly said she took a few steps back tonight and went back to her comfort zone.
- Chris – Christian said it looks expensive and the print is amazing. Kelly said the back comes alive with every step she takes. Aya said all the prints can be brought together to show that polish. Hannah said it is stunning.
- Tieler – Christian said there are so many great elements here, but it is so overly cut in the front and he hated seeing so much cleavage. Aya said it is a question of appropriateness. Hannah said it is so distracting.
- Izzy – Aya said this is a crafty look and the result is cool and different and innovative. Christian said it is a very strange dress. Kelly said she loves her color choice and it is cleverly done. Hannah said it is so weird, but she really likes it.
- Hawwaa – Kelly said the shorts are so cool. Christian said the strips give the shorts a cool effect. Hannah said it is a cool look, but she does not see the sophistication for a Milan runway. Aya said it is fun, but she does not see high end.
The judges take a closer look at the designs from tonight and I am thinking Chris wins this challenge. I am thinking that Cartier goes home, as her dress is so plain. What do you think?
RESULTS – The judges discuss the looks and the designers are now back on the runway, as the results are in:
- Winner – Chelsea
- Safe – Chris, Izzy and Tieler
- Bottom Two – Hawwaa and Cartier
- Eliminated – For like the fifth time, Hawwaa is safe and that means Cartier is eliminated!
What do you think of the results on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1