Things are going to get bright tonight on Project Runway Junior 2017, as the young designers on Project Runway Junior Season 2 will be using LED lights to spice up their looks! Yup, we will have a living light show on that runway tonight, but the future will not be so bright for one of them! Check it out with us during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight!
Last week on Project Runway Junior Season 2, the designers had to create looks for the woman on the go. The looks had to transition from day to night, but normally that means changing the look. These designers, instead, created looks that the women could wear during the day at the office and then wear it out to dinner or the club. Izzy seemed to be thrown off from the very beginning and ended up in the bottom two. I knew she was not going home, as she has been one of the standouts this season. That left Rene in the bottom two also and the judges thought he was a one-trick pony and they sent him home!
Follow along with tonight’s live recap below, as the designers take on a new challenge!
WARNING: PROJECT RUNWAY JUNIOR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap or see who went home on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Project Runway Junior Season 2 recap]
CHALLENGE – Tim Gunn meets the designers on the runway and he has the Creative Director from Secret deodorant with him. For this challenge, they will be creating looks for the runway and incorporate LED lights and fiber-optic lighting into their looks! They have a $350 budget and one day for this challenge!
The designers have 30 minutes to sketch and I am liking some of the ideas they have going on. Then they head to Mood and very excited to have some more money in their budget this week. Back in the workroom, the designers get started on their looks and Tim surprises them with LED designer Madison Maxey, who will be there all day to help them with their looks! Chris gives Hawwaa some crap about the colors she chose for her look and said it looks like an old woman outfit. Everyone seems to agree and now Hawwaa is paranoid and decides to mix up the girls, but she is not feeling confident about it.
A’Kai is beyond excited they got a backpack from Secret. Chelsea is freaking out, but glad she has immunity this week. The lights are not working out for Izzy, as she is stringing them into the jacket. Then we see Tieler is sewing the lights on, since he has sausage fingers. Chris talks about his friends and eating french fries out of their boobs that fall in there after eating McDonald’s.
TIM’S CRITIQUES – For Tieler, he said it is a basic dress. He needs to do something on the back. For Molly, he tells her to get rid of the chiffon. For A’Kai, he is worried about the labor and his timing. For Hawwaa, Tim said it goes Golden Girls (which is exactly what Chris said too)! Tim said this is a sophisticated look now, but she needs a wow factor. For Chris, he questions since the jacket is so colorful, does he need colorful lights too? He thinks a solid color could be a unifying effect. For Izzy, he thinks the jacket looks whacky and he is worried about her.
Hawwaa was going to work the lights into the pleats, but now doing them underneath the skirt for more of a wow facotr, which Madison totally agrees with. The models come in for their fitting and Izzy likes the jacket, but she has nothing else done for her to try on! Chris is talking with Allie about Zac Efron, but she does not seem to be having any of it. Izzy finally gets to the skirt on Project Runway Junior 2017, as the night comes to an end.
It is runway day and the designers have to finish up their looks! The models are in hair and makeup. Tieler runs out of time and he cannot add anything to the back of the dress, like Tim suggested. Chris is getting his model in his outfit and one of the prongs broke on his lights and it is not lighting! He searches for new tape and Chelsea has some extra, so he is able to make it work. The time runs out and everyone is headed to the runway for the show!
RUNWAY SHOW – Time for the show on Project Runway Junior 2017. The judges, like always, are Hannah Jeter, Christian Siriano, Kelly Osbourne and Aya Kanai! No more immunity after tonight. Here we go:
- Chris – I love the jacket and love how he did the one color, but that print on the dress is wild.
- Cartier – I really like the look and colors she picked, but the lighting is minimal.
- A’Kai – How is he still here???
- Izzy – She definitely had the lights going on, but the skirt looks rough.
- Tieler – Kind of cool what he did with the lights and the design.
- Allie – This is a really nice look, but the lights are minimal.
- Chelsea – Nothing crazy here and the lights are just there.
- Hawwaa – I like the lights switching and the dress is cute on it’s own.
- Molly – Crazy print and design, but the lights are nothing crazy.
The top and bottom looks for tonight come from Tieler, Chris, Hawwaa, A’Kai, Izzy and Molly!
JUDGES’ CRITIQUES –
- Tieler – Christian said she looked clean and modern on the runway, but wanted more excitement on the back. Kelly said he is a force to be reckoned with. Aya said she loves this look and shows his sophistication.
- Molly – Kelly loves her brave and bold choice. Hannah said this was one of her favorite looks. Aya said it was pretty and finished, but feels she has more in her.
- Izzy – Hannah said her name on the back is so cute. Christian said he likes the vibe of the girl. Kelly said there are technical issues, but smart she is thinking about branding.
- A’Kai – Christian said he picked a fabric that shows everything. Kelly said it was nice to see something angelic. Aya said she sees ideas here, but does not see a finished project.
- Chris – Hannah said the jacket is great. Christian said he wants to see Rihanna in this. Kelly said seeing it in front of her, she is now obsessed. Aya questions why put them all together and he basically said they don’t belong together, but he put them together and that is how it is.
- Hawwaa – Christian likes how she styled it. Hannah said it is a sweet look, but the lights seem like an afterthought. Kelly likes this and it is cute and fun.
The judges take a closer look at the designs from tonight and they truly are all over the place. It seems to be between Hawwaa and A’Kai going home, which is no different than usual, right?
- Winner – Chris
- Safe – Chris, Molly, Izzy and Tieler
- Bottom Two – Hawwaa and A’Kai
- Eliminated – A’Kai is eliminated, yet again, and no saves for him this time. That means Hawwaa is safe for this week.
What do you think of the results on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1