It is all about transition tonight on Project Runway Junior 2017, as the designers on Project Runway Junior Season 2 will be making looks that can transition from day to night with ease. After all the drama last week, you would think things might calm down a little bit tonight, right? Probably not, but we can only hope! Check it out with us during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior 2017 tonight!
Last week on Project Runway Junior Season 2, we had the first team challenge of the season and the designers were creating avant-garde looks together. This was a disaster from the very beginning for A’Kai and Hawwaa, as they were paired together and neither of them seemed to know how to do avant-garde! It was a tense challenge for them, as Hawwaa kept checking on A’Kai and was getting pissy with him. They had no communication and clearly had the worst look of the night. The judges ended up sending A’Kai home, but Tim Gunn chased in that Tim Gunn Save really early and used it on A’Kai, so no elimination!
Follow along with tonight’s live recap below, as the designers take on a new challenge!
WARNING: PROJECT RUNWAY JUNIOR 2017 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened during our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap or see who went home on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our Project Runway Junior Season 2 recap]
CHALLENGE – The designers are working with FitBit this week, as they are making looks for the woman on the go! They will be making a look that will transition from day to night and they have to use one of the new pendants or necklaces from FitBit. They each get their own wristband to track them during the challenge, which is just for fun but they do get to keep it after the challenge! They get 45 minutes to sketch and then shop in Mini-Mood!
The kids are all excited to have their FitBit and do their sketching. They are pulling out a ton of fabric and get started on their looks. Hawwaa is trying to be ambitious on this challenge after the disaster last week. Izzy is using a color palette she has not used before and is freaking out about it. She hates her fabric choices and her dress, as they are four hours into the challenge! She takes some fabric from Chris and is going to change it up. After some thought, she is keeping it the same dress but making some embellishments to it.
TIM’S CRITIQUES – For Chelsea, he said the colors together make it look like she is sick. He said make the entire look out of the neon. For Allie, she has a lot of work to do and said to do only what she needs to do. For Izzy, her slits are not where they should be and tells her to sew it back up. For A’Kai, he said it is all in the details at this point. For Rene, he is designing for an old woman, but then has slits all in the look! Tim said to cover some of them up. For Hawwaa, he said it definitely has a point-of-view and it is her. For Cartier, he thinks the black dress underneath can be found at stores now and it is the least ambitious item in the room and not enough.
It looks like Cartier has some changes to make and she is nervous. Chelsea has a lot of work to do also and she is going to be getting those steps in. The models come in for their fitting and we have designers busy and the night comes to an end on Project Runway Junior 2017!
It is runway day and the designers have to finish their looks. Rene is done, so he doesn’t have anything to really do. Chelsea has her look done, so that is good. Allie is trying to finish up her look now, as she is sewing away as the time is running out. Cartier seems to have a plain black dress and a reversible vest. Time runs out and they head to the runway!
RUNWAY SHOW – Time for the show, as our judges tonight are Hannah Jeter, Christian Siriano, Kelly Osbourne and Aya Kanai. Together, the designers took over 74,000 steps during the challenge! Here we go:
- Allie – The jacket and pants look great together. I don’t see the transition?
- Tieler – I love the dress and pattern used.
- A’Kai – It is a nice look and I am loving the back of his dress.
- Chris – It looks baggy and the jacket too poofy,
- Cartier – It is just a plain dress with a reversible vest, which is nothing special.
- Molly – The bell-bottom pants are a little too much.
- Izzy – It is just a dress and kind of plain.
- Rene – The fabric is weird and the slits just are cut weird when looking head-on to them.
- Hawwaa – That is a lot of colors and prints and just seems weird together.
- Chelsea – The pants are HUGE and she seems to struggle walking in them.
A’Kai, Molly, Chris and Tieler are safe tonight! That means Rene, Chelsea, Cartier, Izzy, Hawwaa and Allie are the high and low scores tonight on Project Runway Junior Season 2!
JUDGES’ CRITIQUES –
- Allie – Kelly said she loves her girl so much. Christian said he likes the little bit of evening that is in her. Aya said it is a great look and has total 360 look. Hannah said it is young, but sophisticated and she really loved this look.
- Cartier – Christian said he likes the functionality of this, but it exists already. Aya said this is on trend now, so she doesn’t want to see something she can find in the stores now. Kelly said it is not as ambitious as she expects from her.
- Chelsea – Aya said she loves this look and she feels her active lifestyle. Hannah said she loves her look. It is so chic and so sporty. Christian said she has a strong point-of-view.
- Rene – Christian said the technique is cool, but it feels done and dated and he was underwhelmed. Aya said they have seen the cage effect and want to see something different. Hannah said the cutouts don’t anything of value to the outfit.
- Hawwaa – Aya said she loves this look and has that fun, playful attitude she associates with her. Kelly said she has created something new and so different. Christian said it feels more fashion and more forward thinking.
- Izzy – Christian said it is a cute dress, but okay is not exciting. Kelly said it is beautifully made, but it is not an Izzy dress. Aya said her girl on the go needs to be more than this. Hannah said it is an adorable dress, but safe.
The judges take a closer look at the designs from tonight and I think it is going to be Hawwaa winning and Rene going home, as they can’t send Izzy home! What do you think?
- Winner – Chelsea
- Safe – Hawwaa, Allie and Cartier
- Bottom Two – Rene and Izzy
- Eliminated Designer – Rene is out, which means Izzy is safe this week.
What do you think of the results on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our Project Runway Junior 2017 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who got eliminated on Project Runway Junior Season 2 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1