We have the Voice Top 20 in place on The Voice 2016 and it is time for the Voice Playoffs to begin next week on The Voice Season 11! Before that can happen, NBC is giving us the Road to the Live Shows special tonight and a chance to get a closer look at the teams on The Voice USA 2016 before they take the stage next week and we get to vote on them! Check it out with us during our The Voice 2016 Live Recap and see the Road to the Live Shows special on The Voice Season 11 with us!
Last night on The Voice 2016 Season 11, we had the final night of the Voice Knockouts and it was Alicia Keys with the only steal remaining. We saw some pretty strong battles, including the Team Miley battle between Darby Walker and Maye Thomas! I did not agree with all of the decisions by the coaches, as I thought Michael Sanchez and Nolan Neal should have won, but I don’t have the final say in things and we move on!
The fun has begun, so follow along with our live recap below and watch The Road to the Live Shows special on The Voice Season 11 take place!
WARNING: THE VOICE 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
The following post contains a recap from tonight’s episode of The Voice 2016 Season 11. Don’t want to see it yet, then don’t look ahead!!!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our The Voice 2016 recap]
We are taking a look back at the season tonight and the Voice Top 20 and their journey to the live playoffs next week, so here we go!
TEAM ALICIA – She said, as a coach, she wanted to bring her energy and love for music and bring it to people. Adam said she is the team to beat. She said her team is insane and fierce!
- Wé McDonald – She definitely shocked everyone after singing and then talking during her blind audition. Alicia said she plans to keep elevating her confidence. Alicia said she has a one-of-a-kind voice.
- Kylie Rothfield – She suffered a voice hemorrhage and recently came back to singing. Alicia said her voice keeps getting better and better. I absolutely loved her Voice Knockouts performance. Alicia said we have not remotely seen everything that Kylie can do.
- Christian Cuevas – He sings with so much emotion and I just love him. Blake said he is one of those singers that becomes a frontrunner in no time.
- Sa’Rayah – I think she is an amazing singer, but I definitely think Michael Sanchez beat her in the Voice Knockouts! Alicia stole her during the Voice Battles after losing her to Miley in the Voice Blinds.
- Josh Halverson – This was Alicia’s steal during the Voice Knockouts. He has lost every round this season, but has been stolen each time! Lost in the Voice Battles, but Miley stole him and then lost in Voice Knockouts and Alicia stole him back on The Voice 2016!
TEAM BLAKE – He said his strategy this season was just pushing his button for good voices, regardless if they are country or not. Alicia said that Team Blake has become soulful!
- Sundance Head – He looks country, but he definitely has a soul voice in him. Blake said he is not like any other country artist we hear on the radio right now. Blake said he has one of the most unique voices that he has ever had on the show.
- Dana Harper – Blake said she has a one-in-a-million voices and her voice is so smooth and it’s almost like she is talking to you when she sings. Her Voice Knockouts performance was so smooth and easy, but I loved it. She reminds me of Queen Latifah in a way!
- Jason Warrior – He started out on Team Alicia, but Adam stole him away during the Voice Battles. Adam said he has everything and he has what it takes to soar in the competition. However, he now is on Team Blake after losing in the Voice Knockouts.
- Austin Allsup – Him and Blake did a show together back in 2005! Blake said he is a Texas country singer, but has a rawness to him. Blake said Austin has as much experience as he does and belongs here.
- Courtney Harrell – This was a shock for Team Blake, as she picked Blake over Alicia! During the Voice Knockouts, the other coaches seemed to take notice of Courtney and Miley said that she is now on her radar to be one that could beat her team!
TEAM MILEY – She said her team is so strong because of how much they are all individuals. Blake said they have never had a coach on the show that has been as emotionally invested in their team than Miley.
- Ali Caldwell – She has been touring overseas for a while and wants to bring it back to the States. She has a very strong voice and stage presence. Miley said she is one of the most awesome singers they have on the show this season.
- Darby Walker – We met her during the sneak peek during the Olympics and I just love her voice. Tim said she is so individualistic and that is where she is going to shine. Miley said she has such a unique style and super energetic.
- Sophia Urista – Her Voice Knockouts battle was the only matchup not shown, but we got a quick look at her victory. Miley said she shows her woman strength.
- Aaron Gibson – He left a career in business to pursue his singing career. She said he is the kind of singer she wants to listen to in her car. Miley said she loves him so much because he is so open and so willing to learn. She said his strength is the growl in his voice.
- Belle Jewel – We haven’t seen much of Belle this season, as her blind audition and battle round was not shown. We saw her lose the Voice Knockouts, but then Miley finally got her on her team. They do seem like a perfect match and how similar in style they are!
TEAM ADAM – he said no one has a team that is as eclectic as his. Alicia said he has a good variety in there and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
- Billy Gilman – If anyone on Team Adam could take him to a victory on The Voice Season 11, it seems like it would be this guy. He has been a standout and he has the backstory and probably some old fans that would be rooting for him. Blake said his sound is great and he has something to prove, so he could take this all the way.
- Simone Gundy – Adam said her voice is rich and soulful. She became a mother at a young age and she takes that to fuel her. He said she has the most powerful female voices int he competition.
- Brendan Fletcher – He is a bartender and came to The Voice 2016 to pursue his music career. His Voice Knockout round surprised me, as I love him but though Adam would pick Nolan Neal as the winner. Adam said he has a genuine raspy voice, but is introverted and needs to get past that and can’t wait for him to break out.
- Josh Gallagher – Adam wanted him from the Voice Blinds, but Blake won over the country singer, of course. However, Adam got him during the Voice Knockouts. Adam said he is a dark horse in this competition. Blake said it is never a good feeling when he knows that he handed over a great country singer to his rival.
- Riley Elmore – He is young, but old school and has that crooner voice. He is so cute and shy, but his voice is very strong. I just don’t know if this style will do good on the show. I love that he was crying after making the live shows and that truly made me like him more.
Now we get some behind-the-scene looks at the season and the coaches being wild and whacky. I love these special segments! Now off to the Voice Playoffs next week, so get ready to vote!
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our The Voice 2016 Live Recap. Let’s watch together as the Road to the Live Shows on The Voice USA Season 11 airs! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1