It may almost be the end of July, but we had a holiday party on Food Network Star 2016 tonight, as the contestants were hosting some holiday parties tonight on Food Network Star Season 12! Each contestant was assigned a different holiday and then the fun began on Next Food Network Star 2016! See what went down tonight in our Food Network Star 2016 Recap below and see who went home on Food Network Star 2016 tonight!
Last week on Food Network Star Season 12, the contestants started by having to recreate some iconic American regional dishes, but with a bold new twist on them, like lobster rolls and jambalaya. We have seen Tregaye get better and better each week, as she won another challenge. From there, the contestants had to work together to create a five-course meal made entirely of guilty pleasures! It came down to Ana, Erin and Jernard in the bottom three and Bobby Flay gave some bad critiques of Erin’s dish and she was not having it! She was rude and said she has sold thousands of those cookies. I think that exchange between Erin and Bobby is what sent her home!
Who went home tonight on Food Network Star 2016? Find out in our recap that follows!
WARNING: FOOD NETWORK STAR 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our Food Network Star 2016 Recap or see who who went home on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
CHALLENGE – For this challenge, the judges said they deserve a holiday! They will each be celebrating their own food holiday and will pick a day from a bag. The holidays are:
- Ana – Pretzel Day
- Jernard – Hot Buttered Rum Day
- Damiano – Frog Legs Day
- Tregaye – Fortune Cookie Day
Jernard is using the butter rum to make a sauce for his cajun chicken. Giada tells Ana that she loves her food, but she is going to have to bring it this week. She is making churros using the pretzels. She does not finish, as she does not get her second sauce on the plate! Now time for the tasting. They will be doing a live stream demo of their dish and answering questions from viewers!
PRESENTATIONS – For the live stream, they get a twist thrown at them! They get a guest with them, which happens to be a family member or friend! Here we go:
- Ana – Her daughter is the surprise guest, which actually makes Ana come out of her shell more and her daughter has WAY more personality. For the dish, Tia said it is good. They all loved the presentations, but Giada wanted her to be quicker.
- Damiano – His brother is there, but he is very shy. He tries to incorporate him, but he forgets how to speak Italian! Bobby said it is the best savory dish he has made. Tia wanted him to incorporate his brother more. Giada said otherwise, he has done a nice job and he has come so far.
- Jernard – His wife is his special guest and Jernard starts crying! He is so good on the camera and is so at ease. He answers questions well and dances, but he runs out of time and just tastes the dish as the time runs out. They said he gave great tips and gave them a sense of him. Bobby said the balance of the spices and the butter rum is spot-on.
- Tregaye – Her special guest is her husband! He stands in the back, but she gets him incorporated into the video. She then is answering questions, but getting away from cooking and showing her shoes and the time is running out on Food Network Star 2016! Yeah, she did not finish the dish. Giada said she is adorable. Tia said she is real and loves that. She likes everything individually, but not a balanced dish. Bobby said not to forget her focus.
RESULTS – The best live stream and dish goes to Jernard, who gets an advantage in the next challenge!
CHALLENGE – For this challenge, they will be creating two dishes for a holiday-themed party and have a five minute demo to give the guests at the party and use some of those guests in their demo. The guest judges will be Tia Mowry and Donal Skehan, hosts of the new Food Network Star Kids coming on August 22! For his advantage, Jernard gets to pick the holidays for everyone. They have 60 minutes to create both dishes and the holidays are:
- Jernard – Mardi Gras
- Damiano – Cinco de Mayo
- Tregaye – New Year’s Eve
- Ana – St. Patrick’s Day
They all get cooking and Ana’s dishes look really good. Tregaye seems to make a very simple dish for her second dish. They are all rushing around, but it is time for those demos!
PRESENTATIONS – The demos have been shot and time to watch the demos:
- Damiano – For the presentation, Tia said he is great with his audience, but she has a hard time understanding him at times. For the dish, Bobby said the food is cooked perfectly. Tia said it is exploding with flavor.
- Jernard – For the presentation, he is working those guests and seems fun and is giving great tips along the way. Donal said he sat their with a smile on his face the whole time. Loved the tips. For the first dish, Bobby said the catfish is too salty. For the second dish, Tia said it does not taste like gumbo at all. Giada said it tastes like steak sauce.
- Tregaye – For the presentation, she is having fun and working those girls into the video. It was fun and Ana was hating in the back. Bobby said it all made perfect sense. Tia said she could relate to it and was very authentic with her approach. For the first dish, Tia said it is like a party in her mouth. For the second dish, Bobby said it needed to be sweeter. Giada said it seemed like a throwaway.
- Ana – For the presentation, she is a little more calm and working with the guests, but they all seemed bored. Tia said she had a great rapport with them. Giada said she was not that enthusiastic about it. Donal said this is not at all what Irish food is about. For the dishes, Bobby wanted it to be more flavorful. Donal said he wanted a different texture. Giada said it is very bland.
RESULTS – The judges have discussed the contestants and we find out that Tregaye and Damiano are safe tonight! That leaves us with Jernard and Ana. The judges decide that Ana came on too late with the presentation, so they send her home and Jernard is safe tonight! Finally Ana is gone!!!
What do you think of the results on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight?
Join us on Gossip & Gab for all your Food Network Star 2016 spoilers, recaps, news, predictions and previews. Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1