We saw the contestants on Food Network Star 2016 working together as one big, happy team on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight, as they created a five-course dinner of all your favorite guilty pleasures! We saw guest judges Alex Guarnaschelli and Trisha Yearwood join in the fun, as it looked like some good food served tonight! See what went down tonight in our Food Network Star 2016 Recap below and see who went home on Food Network Star 2016 tonight!
Last week on Food Network Star Season 12, the night kicked off with the first challenge and the contestants were doing some baking, which excited Erin and Damiano. However, they were given the basics to cook with and then a freezer full of frozen ingredients to add in, which Damiano did not like! Tregaye continued her hot streak and won the challenge. From there, it was time for a tiki party and the contestants working in pairs to create dishes and present them to some party goers. Of course, Ana found herself on the bottom of a team challenge and her partner, Joy, found herself on the losing end of things and Joy was eliminated! This is the third loss for Ana in a team challenge and the third time her partner has been eliminated, but not her!
Who went home tonight on Food Network Star 2016? Find out in our recap that follows!
WARNING: FOOD NETWORK STAR 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our Food Network Star 2016 Recap or see who who went home on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
CHALLENGE – The chefs come in and the judges are joined by Amy Alarcon from Popeye’s. For this challenge, they will be remaking an iconic American regional dish and giving it a bold new twist. They pick a station to get their dish and then have 30 minutes to create their dish and then one minute to present their new dish. The dishes they picked are:
- Ana – Lobster Roll
- Jernard – Philly Cheese Steaks
- Tregaye – Loco Moco
- Damiano – Hatch Green Chile Enchiladas
- Erin – Jambalaya
Jernard is going to deep fry his bread for the sandwich. Erin is going to be making a jambalaya hot dog. Damiano doesn’t know how to work this dish into Italian. Ana said she is going to make her lobster roll more into a Spanish lobster roll. Time runs out and time to present their dishes on Food Network Star 2016!
PRESENTATIONS – The contestants are struggling to get some of these dishes related to their own cooking. Here we go:
- Jernard – Giada said she is impressed. Bobby said he lives this life of the Chef of Love. For the dish, they said it is greasy. Giada said the grease overwhelms all the other flavors.
- Ana – For her presentation, she tells a story and is being more relatable. Bobby said he likes her when she talks about her kids. For the dish, the sauce was spot-on.
- Erin – For the presentation, they said she is a baker, so make it relatable to her. For the dish, they said there is too much crunch in it and vegetables not cooked.
- Damiano – For the presentation, he forgets the ingredients! Bobby said he forgets it all the time and said just go with it. For the dish, Bobby said it is one of the best dishes he has made so far. Giada said she is very impressed.
- Tregaye – For the presentation, Bobby said this is for her to lose and she is so good at this. She brings such energy and fun. For the dish, the egg is nicely cooked and Giada likes the concept.
RESULTS – The person that did the best is Tregaye, but no shocker there, right? She has been killing it every week lately on Food Network Star Season 12 and she gets an advantage in the next challenge.
CHALLENGE – For this challenge, they will join forces and make a five-course meal that is entirely made of your favorite guilty pleasures! The five dishes are an app, seafood dish, pasta dish, entree and dessert. Each contestant gets 45 seconds to tell their guilty pleasure dish and describe it and this helps get to pick the order of them picking the dish they cook for this challenge. Here are the rankings and dishes they picked:
- Tregaye – Seafood
- Ana – Dessert (Erin and Damiano are pissed)
- Erin – Appetizer
- Damiano – Pasta
- Jernard – Entree
For winning the previous challenge, Tregaye gets to switch two of the contestants and she doesn’t want Ana to show different sides and impress the judges, so she switches Ana and Erin. They have 45 minutes to create their menu together and get their dishes done for serving. Erin seems to be making a chocolate chip cookie? Ana is making three apps in one dish. Damiano’s pasta is falling apart. The time runs out and time to taste the dishes.
TASTING – The judges are joined by Alex Guarnaschelli and Trisha Yearwood, so here we go:
- Ana – She struggles with the presentation and stuttering. Alex said she has to relax and just shake it out! For the dish, Giada doesn’t taste a lot of flavor. Anna said it tastes heavy. Trisha said she knows her stuff and that is important.
- Tregaye – Bobby said it is very pretty. Trisha said the sauce is decadent. Alex said she got a sense of who she is.
- Damiano – Alex said the drink is great (which Ana made for him). Bobby said it is a great idea for guilty pleasure. Trisha said it felt very real. Alex said she was transported with the dish.
- Jernard – He is a little too over the top with this one and that love concept. Bobby said it was over-the-top and uncomfortable. Trisha said she was so freaked out by it. For the dish, Giada said she can’t eat for a week after eating this. Bobby said too many flavors.
- Erin – Bobby said if you are going to deliver so much chocolate, then give me that. Trisha said she liked her when she came out. Giada said she doesn’t want to bathe in this.
RESULTS – The best dishes come from Damiano and Tregaye. That leaves us with the bottom three of Jernard, Ana and Erin. Erin was PISSED with the feedback from Bobby, but the contestants tell her it wasn’t an attack on her dessert, but the presentation of lots of chocolate and it did not deliver. The results are in and the contestant eliminated tonight is Erin! That means Tregaye and Ana are safe again.
What do you think of the results on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight?
Join us on Gossip & Gab for all your Food Network Star 2016 spoilers, recaps, news, predictions and previews. Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1