It was time for a Tiki Takeover on Food Network Star 2016 this week, as the contestants on Food Network Star Season 12 worked in teams to throw a tiki party for some special guests. We also saw the contestants using frozen food to make their dishes on Next Food Network Star 2016! See what went down tonight in our Food Network Star 2016 Recap below and see who went home on Food Network Star 2016 tonight!
Last week on Food Network Star Season 12, the contestants were joined by Duff Goldman and they had to create edible art using savory dishes! We did see some cute dishes and presentations, but it was Tregaye and Damiano having the best for the challenge. From there, the contestants were all guests on “Good Mythical Morning” and had to participate in the “Will It?” challenge. This brought some weird dishes, but most of them handled it pretty well. It ended up being Joy and Rob in the bottom two and the judges eliminated Rob!
Who went home tonight on Food Network Star 2016? Find out in our recap that follows!
WARNING: FOOD NETWORK STAR 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our Food Network Star 2016 Recap or see who who went home on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
CHALLENGE – The contestants come into the kitchen and the pantry is marked off with caution tape! For this challenge, they will be doing some baking. They will have 60 minutes to bake a dish and use the basic ingredients, like sugar and flour, and add in frozen ingredients! They can make sweet or savory and the ingredients are not fresh fruit or anything, but like frozen egg yolks and corn dogs and so on!
Tregaye is making bread pudding and seems to be using everything in the freezer for her dish! Damiano and Erin are not happy about a baking challenge using frozen food. Joy is making a chicken pot pie using TV dinners. Jernard is making triple berry biscuits and they actually sound pretty good. Time runs out and time to taste them!
JUDGING – This will be the King of the Hill and you have to outdo the person in front of you. Last person standing will win tonight on Food Network Star 2016! Here we go:
- Tregaye – She mentions her ingredients , which is crazy. Bobby said he wanted to see more personality today. Giada said it is well-balanced.
- Joy – They like her presentation and said she is very engaging. For the dish, very salty. They said it is a TV dinner. Giada said a lot of dough and Tregaye is still King of the Hill!
- Damiano – For his presentation, he is just complaining about having to use frozen ingredients. They said he is not giving it 100%. For the dish, Bobby said it has some flavor, but he does not beat Tregaye.
- Ana – Giada said the inside is not moist enough. They wanted to see more of her personality. Giada said she loved the story. Tregaye stays as Queen of the Hill!
- Jernard – They said they could listen to him for hours. Giada said the presentation is always great, but she is not in love with the texture for the biscuit. He loses and Tregaye stays on the hill!
- Erin – She gets emotional during her presentation and it is so good. Bobby said it is the best she has ever done. For the dish, Giada loves the colors and textures. They are not sure how fluffy the inside of the cake is. They liked it, but Tregaye wins and will get an advantage in the next challenge on Food Network Star 2016!
CHALLENGE – The contestants get drinks and it is a tiki party! Anne Burrell is a guest judge and the contestants will be creating food for a tiki party and they will take the stage and present a six-minute demo for the party-goers! They will be working in teams of two. The drinks are what determine who their partners are, as the matching drinks will be teams. Since Tregaye won, she can keep Joy or trade for someone. They have to make an app, entree and dessert, so she wants Damiano for that dessert! So, the teams are:
- Tregaye and Damiano
- Jernard and Erin
- Joy and Ana
They have 60 minutes to create the dishes and get started right away. Joy & Ana seem to be working well together. Damiano is very happy to have fresh ingredients to make his dessert. Jernard seems to be annoyed by Erin and her constant talking. Damiano starts getting bossy with Tregaye and she is over it and almost wants Joy back. They all rush, but the dishes are ready for the guests to arrive on Food Network Star 2016.
PRESENTATIONS – The guests have arrived and time for the teams to give their presentations:
- Erin & Jernard – They start real rough, as Erin seems lost. However, Jernard starts bouncing things off of her and they work well together. They are very informative and they made it work. Giada said they volleyed back and forth well and they have good tips. Anne said she feels the love from the Love Chef. The cake is too sweet. The skewers were sweet and not enough chipotle.
- Ana & Joy – They had a script to go with, but Ana got lost and Joy kind of took over. They went off script, so Ana just goes wild and is making inappropriate jokes. She is explaining her dish and said if she told us, then she would have to kill us! They were fighting and it was just bad. For the dishes, they said Ana’s dish is good. Joy’s dish is bland. The dessert is dry and not good.
- Tregaye & Damiano – They definitely got the crowd pumped and Damiano was working the stage as a bartender. They seemed to forget the dishes, but they were entertaining. The judges said they made nothing! For the dishes, Giada said she expects better dishes from them. Anne said Damiano’s dish looks like it went through the shredder. Tregaye’s dish was very good and his dessert was a good tiki party dish.
RESULTS – The best team tonight on Food Network Star Season 12 was Erin & Jernard! Also safe tonight is Tregaye & Damiano, which means the bottom two tonight are Ana and Joy! Whoever has been paired with Ana this season has gone home, so will it be Joy? Bobby and Giada talk and she wants Ana to go home and he wants Joy to go home, as food trumps it all for him. They have to decide and it is Joy eliminated tonight!
What do you think of the results on Food Network Star Season 12 tonight?
Join us on Gossip & Gab for all your Food Network Star 2016 spoilers, recaps, news, predictions and previews. Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1