The Top 20 home cooks on MasterChef 2016 will face their first Mystery Box Challenge on MasterChef Season 7 tonight and have a special guest judge presenting it to them: world-renowned chef Wolfgang Puck! Yes, with no Graham Elliot this season on Master Chef 2016 on FOX, we have special guest judges filling in and Wolfgang Puck kicks things off tonight! Check it out with us tonight during our MasterChef 2016 Live Recap and see who went home on MasterChef 2016 tonight!
Last week on MasterChef 2016 Season 7, we had the second week of the Battle for the Apron challenges! The remaining home cooks battled it out for one of the remaining white aprons and a spot in the Top 20 on MasterChef Season 7! We saw some good battles, as we had battles of tacos, burgers and Surf and Turf! In the end, ten more white aprons were handed out by Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi and the Top 20 was complete and ready to take each other one this week!
Watch the Mystery Box Challenge and Elimination Test tonight on MasterChef 2016! Who stays in the competition tonight on MasterChef 2016 Season 7 and who was sent home? Find out in our recap that follows below!
WARNING: MASTERCHEF 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our MaterChef 2016 Live Recap or see who who went home on MasterChef Season 7 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our MasterChef Season 7 recap]
MYSTERY BOX CHALLENGE – The home cooks are in the MasterChef Kitchen and the judges arrive. Wolfgang Puck arrives and has the MasterChef trophy with him! For this challenge, Wolfgang has picked the ingredient, which happens to be potatoes. They have 60 minutes to make a dish with the potato in the starring role.
The home cooks get started and get their extra ingredients from the pantry. Barbara is making one of Wolfgang’s recipes, so that is pressure. Shaun is making something he has never made before. It seems everyone is making potato pancakes! Andrea has a lot of components to her dish. Cassie is making a fried potato salad with steak on top, so will that take over the dish? With ten minutes remaining, Gordon stops the clock and said for one of them, this will be their last ten minutes on the show! The worst dish from this challenge will be eliminated on MasterChef 2016! The judges have tasted all the dishes throughout the cooking and time to taste the best and worst dishes.
TASTING – These are the three worst dishes:
- Nathan – Woldgang said it looks like someone ate it already once. The idea is actually good, but spice it up a little bit. Gordon said it looks side. The puree is wet and the cauliflower is smelly.
- Cassie – Christina said she did use three kind of potatoes, but steak and potatoes is so ordinary. Wolfgang said he would not eat this in a restaurant. Color is so important and this looks brown.
- Bill – Wolfgang said we want the ingredients to shine. He has to go out on a limb and try something. Gordon said it worries him that this is as far as his imagination can take him. He needs to bring his A game and that is a D-.
RESULTS – The judges were not impressed by any of the dishes, but they send Cassie home and a quick exit for her! I guess we aren’t tasting and getting comments on the best dishes, as Wolfgang announces the winner tonight and it is Andrea!
ELIMINATION CHALLENGE – For winning, Andrea does not have to cook in this challenge. She also gets to save half of the other home cooks: either the ladies and the guys! She saves the ladies, so now the guys will face off tonight on MasterChef Season 7! For this challenge, they will be replicating a Gordon Ramsay dish after watching him cook it in front of them and tasting it to take in all the flavors. They have five minutes in the pantry and then will not get access again to the pantry!
The guys fill up their baskets in the pantry, yet Bill got six ingredients in five minutes! Chef Ramsay said the fish is halibut and wants them to get that right. We see Terry, Dan and Nathan have picked halibut. Time is running out and we see some good dishes in the mix and people did a rough job, but time to taste the dishes!
- Nathan – Gordon said he is looking for potential and this looks stunning! Visually it looks beautiful. The grain of the couscous is spot-on. Fish is nice and moist and it is good. Christina said if Wolfgang Puck could see him now, he would be as proud as we are now. He really stepped it up, nice job.
- Bill – Gordon said it looks like he went into the pastry on a budget. He has the right fish.
- Eric – Christina said he has a nice color on the potato scales, but his dish played to more sweeter ingredients. Strong effort.
- David – Christina said wrong fish, but nice cook on it. Nice job on the puree.
- D’Andre – Gordon said the carrots are like bullets and wrong fish, but he cooked it beautifully. He does not see his style and finesse on the plate.
- Terry – Christina said it is light and bright. It shows everything we were looking for.
- Dan – Gordon said that looks like fish sitting on a frat party bag of puke! He got the fish right and cauliflower right, but then he screwed it up with a liter of stock on it. It tastes better than it looks.
RESULTS – There were two stunning dishes tonight on MasterChef Season 7, which came from Nathan and Terry! The winning dish tonight comes from Nathan, but they will both be captains next week in the Team Challenge. For the worst dishes, we have Bill and D’Andre. This one seemed obvious, as Bill seemed lost and over his head tonight and the judges send him home!
What do you think of the results on MasterChef Season 7 tonight?
Join us next week on Gossip & Gab for our MasterChef 2016 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who got eliminated on MasterChef Season 7 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1