The second week of Battle for the Apron challenges on MasterChef 2016 continue tonight on FOX, as Gordon Ramsay and Christina Rosi continue their search to find the Top 20 on MasterChef Season 7! The home cooks will be showing off their signature dishes tonight on Master Chef 2016 and hope it earns them a white apron, but only ten aprons remain and the pressure is on! Check it out with us tonight during our MasterChef 2016 Live Recap and see who made the Top 20 on MasterChef 2016 tonight!
Last week on MasterChef 2016 Season 7, we had the season premiere and no Graham Elliot, as it is just Gordon and Christina this season, which I kind of like! Less talking and more cooking! They brought 40 of the best home cooks from the auditions on MasterChef Season 7 and it was Battle for the Apron, as they all fought for a white apron. I liked these battles, as they were more individualized and had themes for each battle, like battle of the steak or bakers or firefighters. It was a twist that I enjoyed, instead of seeing all 40 cook and the best of the best get an apron.
Watch the Battle for the Apron Challenge tonight on MasterChef 2016! Who got a white apron tonight on MasterChef 2016 Season 7 and who was sent home? Find out in our recap that follows below!
WARNING: MASTERCHEF 2016 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Don’t want to know what happened on our MaterChef 2016 Live Recap or see who who went home on MasterChef Season 7 tonight? Then don’t read ahead!
[Please refresh this page frequently for the latest updates in our MasterChef Season 7 recap]
We have ten aprons left and the home cooks are battling for it tonight! Here we go with the next set of battles!
BATTLE 1 – This is the battle of the tacos. We have Tekeila, who does nails for a living, and Dan, who is a server and a “frat guy” and wants to haze the competition! They have 30 minutes to make their dish. Dan talks a good game and he is very social and a talker, so that could be good or bad for him. Tekeila is also making waffles! They plate the tacos and time for tasting!
- Tekeila – Christina said she likes what she did with the jerk chicken tacos. Great heat. The elements taste delicious, but not sure if they taste good together. Gordon said the chicken is moist and good, but the dish is out there.
- Dan – Gordon said delicious and really tasty and balance of flavor. Christina said it is quite good. It is refreshing and light.
RESULTS – Chef Ramsay said the winner of the apron by a very fine margin is Dan!!!
BATTLE 2 – This is a battle of the burger on MasterChef 2016. We have Zack, who works in construction and has lots of muscles (as seen in the photo above) and says he is a mama’s boy, against Alejandro, who is a voiceover actor and moved to the U.S. four years ago for the American dream. Zack’s burger definitely sounds good as they are making them. We definitely have some home cooks working until the last second, but the time runs out and time for some judges to taste them!
- Alejandro – Gordon said the seasoning is good, but it looks a mess. A burger is all about robust flavor and he likes it. Christina said the griddle pan wasn’t hot enough and it would be better if it had been. The burger is a good start, but not perfect.
- Zack – Gordon said the blue cheese is good, but doesn’t like the raw onion. Too much seasoning and he is burning up after one bite. Christina said the jalapeno is too much for her, but a good effort.
RESULTS – They ask the guys to go out and bring their mothers in! Lots of tears shed, but it is Alejandro that gets the white apron on MasterChef Season 7 tonight!
BATTLE 3 – This is a battle of shrimp and grits! We have Neco, who is a psychic and she knows she is getting an apron; Tanorria, who is a credit union manager and the best grits come from the south; Shawn, who is a server and said you don’t have to be from the South to make grits and Brittany, who is a server and Italian and said it is all about putting passion into cooking. There are two aprons available and time to do some tasting!
- Neco – Gordon said crab is delicious and shrimp tastes nice, but grits are middle of the road. Use stock to take it to another level and not just water.
- Brittany – Christina said it is a far more modern approach to shrimp and grits. Wanted more acidity to it and the shrimp is done well.
- Shawn – Gordon said the grits are delicious, but he has destroyed the shrimp, They are sticky and overcooked.
- Tanorria – Christina said that is delicious. The grits are incredible and oozing with flavor and she definitely did Tennessee proud.
RESULTS – The two aprons go to Tanorria (and Chef Ramsay said she is going to be one to beat this season) and Brittany!
QUICKLOOKS – We get a quicklook at the next five aprons handed out on MasterChef Season 7, which went to Katie, Diana, Cassie, Diamond and D’Andre.
FINAL BATTLE – This a battle of Surf and Turf. We have Shaun, who is a DJ in Las Vegas and whose Dad loved his food and would fly him out to cook for him but he passed away a few years ago, against James, who is a truck driver from Las Vegas and he lives off the strip and with the gangs and prostitution. Shaun took on too much and under 30 seconds to go and he starts plating, finally!!! He gets it done, but how will it taste???
- Shaun – Gordon said glamorous and great sear on the filet. It is cooked to perfection. He has nailed the lobster and filet mignon, but he has too much going on because it is too rich. Christina said he did a good job.
- James – Gordon said it is not as attractive as Shaun’s, but the flavor is extraordinaire. Christina said he nailed the sure and the turf, but the salad is not needed and he needs work on editing.
RESULTS – The judges are torn on this one, but the apron goes to Shaun!!! He almost didn’t plate, but he did and won!
The Top 20 on MasterChef Season 7 have been named! What did you think of tonight’s episode?
Join us tonight on Gossip & Gab for our MasterChef 2016 Live Recap. Let’s watch together and see who made the Top 20 on MasterChef Season 7 tonight! Bookmark us or friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for all our latest updates. Want to see more from Editor-in-Chief Todd Betzold? Follow along with him over on Twitter!1 of 1